- The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Rhea’s brother Showik Chakraborty and Sushant Singh Rajput’s house manager Samuel Miranda for questioning in connection with a “bud” supply racket in which four persons have already been arrested.
- As per NCB and DRI officials, bud is the most sought after drug in parties currently.
What exactly is bud?
- Marijuana can be used in several ways with the most basic division comprising of the buds and the extract.
- While weed (ganja) is made from the extract of the Marijuana leaves, bud refers to smoking elements of the plant directly as against an extract.
- An official said the THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) levels in bud is higher making it more potent as compared to weed.
Why is bud gaining popularity on the party circuit?
- Bud’s popularity comes from its potency.
- It is also more expensive, costing around Rs 4000 to Rs 5000 per gram.
- This is almost on par with drugs like cocaine, making it popular among a certain class of people.
- Apart from this, bud also comes in flavours like banana skittles and watermelon gelato.
Where is it sourced from? How does it reach India?
- Bud is generally sourced from North California, Spain and Amsterdam, as per NCB officials.
- They are normally grown by skilled farmers and sold globally through the Darknet.
- It is then either passed on to other local retailers or sold directly by those who place these orders.
- Generally these arrive in post offices labelled as some other product.