- In a joint initiative of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) and Vijnana Bharti (VIBHA), a set of CSIR technologies has been launched for rural development.
The technologies released included:
1.Improved bee hive for quality and hygienic extraction of honey, CSIR-IHBT, Palampur
2.Technology for manufacturing of Ginger paste, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore
3.Dehumidified drier for food and agri products, CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram
4.Technology for agricultural waste (wheat bran, sugarcane bagasse and fruit peels) based biodegradable plates, cups and cutleries, CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram
- Over the years CSIR has developed several appropriate technologies which could be deployed in rural areas for development and livelihood generation and achieving sustainable development goals.
- These technologies will now be disseminated to society through the Higher Education Institutional network of UBA and local chapters of VIBHA.
- CSIR- National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (CSIR-NISTADS) is acting as a nodal CSIR Lab to establish linkages between CSIR laboratories, UBA, VIBHA, and stakeholders.
- “Unnat Bharat Abhiyan” is a flagship programme of Ministry of Education conceptualised and launched in IIT Delhi,
○with a vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
○“Unnat Bharat Abhiyan now constitutes 45 Regional Coordinating Institutions (RCIs) and 2,614 Participating Institutions (PIs).
○Till date, a total of 13,760 villages have been adopted under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
- CSIR-National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies(NISTADS), New Delhi is one of the constituent laboratory of CSIR.
- It is devoted to a study of various aspects of interaction among science, society and state and exploring continuously the interface between Science, Technology and Society.
- Vijnana Bharti(Vibha): VIBHA, a science movement with swadeshi spirit, has a greater role to play. Swadeshi Science Movement was started in Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru by some eminent scientists under the guidance of Prof. K. I. Vasu.
- One of the founding principles of VIBHA is – Swadeshi Movement with modern sciences adapted to national needs.
SRC : PIB