- In order to meet the long pending demand of the Indian Army the Cabinet Committee on Security, has approved the proposal for establishment of Army Static Switched Communication Network (ASCON) Phase IV Network to be implemented by M/s ITI.
- The project is a strategic and theatre area communication network which will upgrade the existing Asynchronous Transfer Mode Technology to Internet Protocol (IP) / Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Technology.
- Optical Fibre Cable (OFC), Microwave Radio and Satellite will be used as communication media.
- The project will provide better survivability, responsiveness and high bandwidth in any operational scenario and enhance the communication coverage of network closer to IB/LC/LAC.
- The network will extend the high bandwidth communication to the remote operational areas in Central and Eastern Sectors and enhance communication reach to the forward locations in the Western border too.
- Further, with approximately 80% indigenous content, the project will provide a boost to the Indian Industry.